Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Catching up

(Montgomery St)
Will catch up. In the healing area, I went to a talk several weeks ago with Dr. Rachel Naomi Remen at CIIS called  "Mystery and Medicine, the Soul Infused Encounter with Illness and Health." She gave a beautiful heartwarming talk with stories and suggested I look at this site, started by a colleague of hers Artheals.org. I was already aware of it, but did a search on its founder, Marion Weber and found this interesting dialog between Marion and Rachel about sandtrays.

A few points from Rachel Remen's talk:
"A good story is like a compass. A story is like an invitation to a person's soul. Illness is a spiritual path. Medicine is a spiritual path. Reclaim wonder and awe. Be willing to wonder and think outside the box. Be not be afraid in befriending the unknown. The questions we carry with us may enrich our live more than the answers. And thank people for how they have enriched your life."

This morning San Francisco Center for the Book sent a newsletter about a summer bookmaking intensive for teachers. Great ideas.

I did a search for a phone number for Research Magazine to speak with a former art director I'd worked with and here it is again, public interest in neuroscience.

Also found Weldon Owen, the book packaging company I'm currently freelancing for is owned by a "family owned Swedish media group" which has 175 companies across 20 countries! I'm not working today because I was told,  the "big wigs" are in town from Sweden and only staff is in the office. Kind of amazing really, how do these humongous companies operate? (I looked up the word humongous)

No comments: