

Writing in the living room. Tinges of sadness about leaving here? I notice the glass ball held with the claws of the piano stool. Reminds me of the photo I took a couple days ago of roots that looked like feet. Roots, as a subject. Roots, like this house.
What's on my agenda today? Peace. It helped to speak with Amelia yesterday. First asking about the exact location of the Lung 1 point she had shown us earlier. Holding one's body, crossing one's arms, holding points for grief or sadness. When I told her my story, she crossed her hands over her heart, another gesture, another point. "You're letting go of family," said she. Yes, indeed, she saw or heard it in a flash. (emotional accupressure book)
Find that inner well, that inner space of calmness, of well-being.
Let the generations nourish me. For a moment, I feel/see the waves of people - my grandparents, my mother, uncle. I still haven't seen all of the pictures, remnants of their 'presence.' Upstairs, hundreds of negatives and prints rest, filed in narrow heavy cardboard boxes. How can I give myself the permission to work on this? Just DO it. I have to, I'm running out of time!
After yoga, radiant poppies caught my eye on my way to Peet's. There, sipping a hibiscus cooler, I read Trust the Process with its introduction "License to Create." McNiff writes about how setting up a workspace is vital for the creative process. Environment has an impact. Yes! Improve mine.
1 comment:
reading this, i am deeply touched and also reminded of my family home in Kansas, how much it grounds me, and i am grateful for today, knowing someday my "home" will be gone (with them). love the photographs you shared.
Post a Comment